This institution was started in 1924 in an area of 5 acres of land as Tirhut Technical Institute imparting journeymans training course Subsequently journeyman’s course was closed and diploma in Engineering started in 1949 with a total intake of sixty.
In the expansion scheme of 1960-61, the intake was increased to 180 (C+M+E) each of 60 nos.and the Institution was renamed as Government Polytechnic, Muzaffarpur.
No extra land was acquired for the further expansion of Institution building. About one Km. from the institution, there is very old dilapidated building as the principal’s residence in an area of about an Acre.
The hostel of the institution is situated about 2 Kms. from the institution in Ganipur area in about 5 Acres of land. The institution is located in the heart of Muzaffarpur town.
It is hardly 2 kms from Muzaffarpur Junction as well as from State Transport depot. One can reach the institution by Air too, it is about 7 Km. from there. There is plenty of Bus services from every corner of Bihar as well as Bengal.
It is centrally located and can be approached by Rail directly from every corner of India. The city is located at a latitude of 25.80 & a longitude of 85.50 North-east. The attitude Muzaffarpur is 209m above MSL. Main occupation of the local public is of mixed variety. The city is almost enclosed with small and big industries. There are two very big Industries, one is Arther Butler’s co. now renamed as Bharat Wagon Engg. and other Indian Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Bela, Muzaffarpur. The population of the town is approximate 4 lacs.it is of mixed culture but more affected by Mithila culture.
Follow Us On Social Network
Twitter @ GP Muzaffarpur , Bihar
Facebook @ GP Muzaffarpur , Bihar